This policy was updated on the 24 May 2018.
Under the 1988 Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/ 2426) (Privacy Regulations) and the General Data Provisions Regulations (GDPR) your data controller is: EuroParcs Holidays Limited.
By using our services (including booking a holiday or registering on our websites) you acknowledge that we can collect and use your information as described in this Policy. Protecting your privacy is extremely important to us and we aim to be as clear as possible about how your information is used. If you have any questions about this, or wish to withdraw your consent at any time, contact us using the details in the section: Data Protection and Your Privacy.
When Changes are made
Users of our Services
Our online bookings service and the online functions of our websites are only intended for users aged 18 years and over, so please do not use them if you are under 18 years old. As part of the booking process, we will ask for the age and/or date of birth of any persons under 18 years of age within the party. This information is collected so that we can ensure that access to age restricted services (i.e. kids’ clubs) are appropriately adhered to. This information is not used for any other purpose.
Data Protection and Your Privacy
Data Security: While the nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information, to prevent unauthorised access or any loss of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity from you before we can discuss your account details or other queries.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and (where you have chosen a password) to create a strong password that cannot be easily identified.
EuroParcs Holidays and all third parties where your information is shared will take full responsibility for ensuring that the most appropriate security measures are in place to protect your information.
Marketing: Where you have given EuroParcs Holidays your consent, EuroParcs Holidays will use your information for some marketing purposes to contact you from time to time regarding offers, news and competitions that we think you might be interested in.
Data Storage: EuroParcs Holidays will store and use your information for a set period. EuroParcs Holidays will cease to use your information for marketing purposes 10 years from the point of last interaction (e.g. last email activity etc.,) or from the point you request EuroParcs Holidays to stop using your information for marketing purposes, whichever is sooner. At this point, your information is then minimised and only used for analysis.
Data Profiling: Data profiling is used to continually improve the quality of EuroParcs Holidays products, services, communications etc., EuroParcs Holidays will use your information to collate statistics or informative summaries about topics such as (but not limited to) customer behaviours, booking patterns and trends etc., EuroParcs Holidays may make automated decisions based on any findings, for example sending you marketing emails with content related to a previous holiday you have booked or that other customers similar to you have booked.
Please note: if you do unsubscribe from promotional contacts, you will still receive essential calls and email communications specifically relating to a booking you have with us.
Legitimate Interests: if you book a holiday or request a holiday quotation, we believe that we can demonstrate that we have a legitimate interest in using your information for some marketing purposes, however you always have a choice.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect information from you:
- When you navigate the website, search for, price up and book a holiday and other related products and services from us
- If you subscribe to our email, newsletter or brochure schemes
- If you interact with our Social Media pages (e.g. Twitter or Facebook)
- If you contact our customer services or sales team; or
- You respond to a survey or enter a competition (whether via our websites or through Social Media)
We will need to know some details about you such as your name, email address, telephone number (mobile or landline) and payment card details. If you contact us or have an enquiry we will keep a record of this which may include some of your information depending on how you contacted us.
We use the information you provide us:
- To provide a high quality service to you
- To improve our services for you and to tailor our products and services to your requirements
- To get to know our customers better as well as the type of customer that uses our services including using third party data matching agencies or data profiling to help us identify similar customers to you
- To identify appropriate partners whose offers we might obtain for you as a EuroParcs Holidays customer (where you have consented to this)
- To contact you about EuroParcs Holidays products and services we think you might be interested in, including those of our partners whose offers we have identified (where you have consented to this)
- To supply our agents and sub-contractors who are working on our behalf with the required information to process and fulfil your booking and to send you service related emails and text messages for your booking. We will also use these details to send you a follow-up email after your holiday, to check that you were satisfied with your holiday
We may collect more or less Information from you depending on which source we collect it from and which services you are using. We also passively collect details through cookies, log files and other similar technologies. More details of the types of Information we collect are set out below and details of our passive collection of Information can be found in our Cookies Policy.
Collection of information through your use of our websites, Apps and Booking Services
In particular, we may collect:
- details of your visits to our websites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location and time data (where you’ve agreed to this), weblogs and other communication data) and the pages that you access.
- information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify an individual.
We may use this Information to:
- use essential features such as our online booking system.
- ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites.
- notify you about any changes to our websites.
The Information we store within cookies is encoded and restricted so only we (and our trusted third parties) can access this Information.
Sharing Information with third Parties
We may need to pass some of this information on to third parties for example, suppliers of your travel and holiday arrangements such as ferry companies etc. who will send you booking related communications, typically by post, email or SMS. The following details where EuroParcs Holidays shares your information. A full list of the individual companies is available on request.
These third parties include:
- Travel Partners: if your booking includes a ferry crossing, flight, hotel, car hire etc.., then your personal information will be shared with the relevant travel partner on your booking, for example Irish Ferries or P&O Ferries.
- Payment Partners: your information is shared to process payments for you holiday. Our payment partner uses internet standard encryption technology, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which encodes your credit and debit card details and booking confirmation information before it is sent.
- Marketing Database Partners: your information is shared with our marketing database partners to facilitate holiday communications such as pre-departure emails as well as marketing communications as well as managing email suppression lists.
- Documentation Partners: your information is shared with a document provider to produce your holiday documentation, for example accommodation vouchers as well as to fulfil direct marketing campaigns, for example to inform you of upcoming new destinations.
- Feedback Partners: your information is shared with a feedback partner to deliver your post-holiday surveys that enable you to review and publish feedback about your holiday with EuroParcs Holidays.
- Technical Infrastructure: your information may be stored on third party hardware, for example a provider of server space used in day-to-day reservations systems management, or a website / marketing analytics company for analysis, or webchat service provision.
- Where a duty exists: If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between you and us (for example, debt collection agencies).
- Legal Requirements: Where we are obliged to, or permitted to do so, by law, court order, search warrant or similar presented to EuroParcs Holidays by any law enforcement or government officer.
These companies are all based within the European Union except for our provider of webchat services who will store your information in the European Union and the United States of America.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers' advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
We may provide aggregate statistics about you and our other customers, bookings, data patterns and related site information to reputable third party vendors, but these statistics will be entirely anonymous and not include any of your Information.
By using this website, you consent to the information being passed on to those organisations.
Third Party Payments
When you book a holiday, you will automatically be registered to the My EuroParcs service. As part of this process, we need your name, e-mail address and we may ask you for other information such as your date of birth, for example to update your personal details or to make further purchases online.
We also use this information to allow us, our agents and sub-contractors who are working on our behalf to provide you with this service including facilitating your use of our My EuroParcs service.
Links to External Websites
We believe that advertising is considerably more interesting when it is relevant to you. Therefore, we may customise the advertisements that you see based upon:
- the Information you voluntarily provide to us;
- geographic location information (where you have consented for us to do so), which we may determine through your IP address, from your mobile device, or other ways;
- information we receive from third parties; or
- your visits to our websites or your use of our services (commonly referred to as "Behavioural Advertising").
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that contains information that is transferred to your browser and/or computer's hard drive.